Convert String Representation of a Number to its 32 bit Signed Integer
Problem: I have a string (let’s say ‘7’) and I want this to be read as a number (as in integer) so we can perform a math calculation.
Solution: Convert it to a signed integer as follows:
num1 = Int32.Parse(textboxFirstNumber.Text);
- num1 is a variable of string data type.
- we are saying that whatever is entered into the textbox by the use equals num1.
- but we cannot perform a calculation between operands using a string, even though the user text input seems to be written as a number.
- to perform the calculation we need the string to become a number (an integer).
- we use Int32.parse to undertake the conversion.
Data types are associated with memory allocation.
The downloadable file below is from: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/csharp/csharp_data_types.htm